Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Welcome New Year







As you know 2008 was one of the toughest years yet for us. Tony regressed significantly and that turned our home upside down. Among the chaos, Carlos deployed early October to Afghanistan for six months. But through it all we have had some bright areas. Chris started full-time preschool this past year and is thriving there. For the first time in 10 years I am home alone. Although I cried and cried when I put him on that bus back in August, today I love Mondays :) Tony started some intense ABA therapy and started to give us his first words in 7 years! Just the other day in Lowes, he said bathroom and pointed. Of course I dropped everything and can't remember the last time I was so happy to walk into a public restroom. William is flourishing in school as usual. This year he is apart of academic derby which is teams of AIG students who compete against other schools on local TV. I am so proud of each of them.




Carlos is doing well in Afghanistan and misses us dearly as he does his whole family. As of today he has 75 days left, but who's counting. He is extremely bored there and has been through a small earthquake. He calls us pretty much everyday and we live by the phone for that phone call. As for me, I miss him more than I can express. Some days are easy and some are well, not so easy. As for the new year 2009, we have a lot to celebrate. Health, happiness, family, love. Heck even a new President. As I sit here and type this it is snowing outside. Coming from Miami I can appreciate the white beauty. I wish health and happiness to all.




Thank you for being our lives and thank you for all your prayers. Keep 'em coming... LOL!






God bless you all,


Diania

1 comment:

  1. I miss you and the family. Even though I haven't called or wrote I think about you all the time. Thanks for always including me in your updates with the family. Carlos, William, Tony and Chris are so lucky to have you in their lives. Sending all my hugs and kisses to you and your family. To my dear loving friend, I will see you again.

    Love,

    Johana
    Allentown, PA

    ReplyDelete