Sunday, January 25, 2009

10 Little itty bity things....


I wrote this a while ago but decided to share...




I decided to write this, well just because.


10 Things never to say to a parent of a child with Autism



1. I don't know how you do it.

Duh! I don't know how I do it either. Must you keep reminding me each time you see me? I just do what I have too.


2. I could never do what you do.

Duh again. This is usually said by the same person who says the above. Do me a favor? Just count you blessings you don't have too.


3. Why did you have him if you knew he was going to be Autistic?

Because life begins at conception and I choose not to play God.


4. Why did you have more if you already had a child with Autism?

This one is plain rude. Because God blessed me so. And none of them will ever go unloved.


5. Is he like Rainman?

Are you?


6. My kid just won't shut up today.

This one makes me want to cry. If I can ever have a conversation with my son, I will never utter that.


7. Can you control your child?

One day in my shoes will take away your foggy perception of a crystal clear situation.


8. I can barely control my one child, and I watch you with (autistic child's name) and feel like a loser.

I am not the one to give you the pat on your back you seek. I am still trying to catch my breath.


9. Do you think you are being punished?

Only by this question...


10. Why do you think God did this to you?

What is someone thinking when they ask this? C'mon... Because HE knew that my child would need someone extraordinary, like me, to love him the and protect him from people like you.


Diania Alfonso

mother of three


10-10-08

No comments:

Post a Comment